Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Pit Price Match Against Price Match 

, , , , | Right | April 11, 2020

Customer: “Hi. I was wondering whether you could price match this item for me? [Competitor] has said they’d beat your price by 10%.”

Me: “Unfortunately, because they’ve already lowered their original retail price, I am unable to price match that for you.”

Customer: “But you say you’ll beat their prices by 10%!”

Me: “Yes, but they’ve already lowered their initial sale price on the product…”

(I proceed to explain this to the customer over and over again for the next ten minutes. Eventually, she hangs up. Five minutes later, I get another call.)

Customer: “Hi. I’d like to register some feedback about the service I got from one of your staff?”

Me: “Certainly, ma’am, what happened?”

(The customer proceeded to complain about the service I had given her five minutes ago, saying I’d flat-out refused her offer and that we’d “lost a customer to our competitor.” I eventually had to file a complaint case in our system against myself. I didn’t tell the customer she was complaining to me.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!