Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Need To Call The Police But You Call Tier-Two Support First

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: devdevo1919 | April 29, 2021

I work tech support rep for an ISP, but we also offer home security to varying degrees from just a couple of cameras to a home fortress. This particular customer has been escalated to me and has a few normal surveillance cameras, a few motion sensors as well as a doorbell camera. I am talking to the agent.

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name].”

Agent: “Hi, this is [Agent Name]. I have a customer saying that they’re receiving notifications from their motion detector that there’s movement inside their home.”

Me: “Okay?”

Caller: “They can also see that their garage door is open. Can you pull up the cameras for me just to confirm there’s not a burglary taking place?”

Me: *Dumbfounded.* “Tell them to call the police if they think they’re being burglarized!”

Caller: “Well, I just wanted to confirm they were before I told them that!”

Me: “Seriously, [Agent Name]. Get them to call the police!”

Caller: “Alright, I will. Thanks!” *Click.*

Turns out, someone had indeed broken in. The customer never armed their system as they later tried claiming that the alarm wasn’t working at the time. We pulled up the logs and saw it was disarmed the previous night and never rearmed. We also cannot look at their camera feeds for privacy reasons.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!