Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Can See The Music

, , , , , , | Right | March 10, 2023

I am waiting for my coffee in a coffee shop. The front counter has a machine that makes a certain two-beep noise every few seconds when an online order comes in. The notes the beeps make sound familiar but I can’t quite place it.

I have been coming to this coffee shop every day for a while so I know the nationalities of the workers.

Moroccan Worker: “That beep…”

Mongolian Worker: “Yeah…”

Italian Worker: “What about it?”

Moroccan Worker: “It sounds like the first two notes from Super Mario.”

Mongolian Worker: “Oh my god, you’re right!”

Moroccan Worker: *Makes the noise.* “Do-dee…”

Mongolian & Italian Worker: *Both chiming in.* “—do-dee…doo-de-do—”

Argentinian & Gambian Worker: *Both chiming in.* “—do-de-de-doo-doo-de-doo-de-doo-do-do!”

Within seconds every worker, regardless of where they came from, and even a few customers finish the riff, and it brings a smile to everyone’s face. Just goes to show no matter where you’re from some things transcend cultures!


Today is Mario Day! Get your fix of more Mario-themed stories with our Mario Day Roundup! Let’s-a go!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!