Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Almost Became THAT Customer

, , , , , | Right | July 7, 2020

I’m the customer in this story and I’m quite pregnant, so I’m not as sharp as I normally am.

Cashier: *Taking my order* “Hi, what can I get for you today?”

Me: “Hi. Can I have a medium half coffee, half hot chocolate?”

Cashier: “Sorry, we don’t have that here.”

The cashier points to available selections on the menu above her head.

Me: “Sorry, some places call it a mocha.”

I normally don’t just ask for a mocha because some places put whipped cream on it.

Cashier: “We don’t have the machine for it.”

Me: *Still not getting it* “So, you aren’t able to just mix a coffee with hot chocolate?”

Cashier: “I’ll tell you what. I can use this [Hot Chocolate] mix and stir it into your coffee for you. We can’t normally do it because it’s not a menu item.”

Me: “Oh! Oh, my gosh! I’m so sorry! I just figured it out. Thank you! I’m so sorry for being so stunned!” *Laughs*

The cashier was so gracious and patient with me. I literally had no idea what she was talking about until she reached for the packet of powdered hot chocolate. I felt like such an idiot leaving and immediately thought of Not Always Right.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!