Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Will People Learn? Keep Your Receipts!

, , , , | Related | April 16, 2020

My dad has a tendency to not quite listen.

I have gone back-to-school clothes shopping for eighth grade. I have gotten a very pretty dress from a well-known department store. They forgot to take the anti-theft tag off of it.

My dad calls the store and asks what they can do about it. They say to just bring it in with the receipt and they’ll remove the anti-theft tag. He lets me know this. 

I keep badgering him to take me to the store so I can actually wear my dress. He keeps putting it off. One day:

Me: “Dad, can you take me to [Department Store] this weekend so I can get the tag off my dress?”

Dad: “Sweetie, you know they put those tags on to prevent theft, right?”

Me: “Yeah, and?”

Dad: “If we bring it back, they are going to think we stole it. They aren’t going to take the tag off.”

I stare at him in disbelief.

Me: “Dad, they said they would take the tag off if we showed them the receipt.”

Dad: “Oh. Well, I don’t have the receipt.”

Me: “Why not?!”

Dad: “How was I supposed to know?”

Me: “You’re the one who called them!”

Luckily, I was able to convince him to take me anyway and the store was willing to take off the tag without the receipt.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!