Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When This Job Is Not Always Working

, , | Right | March 30, 2021

It’s my last day working at an incoming call centre and I’ve decided not to tolerate the usual range of ignorant, rude customers who call up and try to get their own way through moaning and rudeness.

The day starts off fine, but eventually, I get a bite. I answer with the same script I’ve used since day one.

Me: “Hello, thank you for calling [Company]. My name is [My Name]; how can I help you?”

The caller is some cranky old lady, who speaks in the most indignant and sarcastic tone.

Caller: “Well, I want to order some [product], obviously!

Nope. I just disconnected the call.

Sometime later, I had a guy moaning about a voucher code that wasn’t working. I offered a solution, but he started to raise his voice and demand that I offer more on top. Cut that call right off, as well.

The last one was some lady wanting to locate her order. The call started off nice enough. I checked the order, explained our delivery policies; her order had a delivery deadline of noon and she was calling in at 11:10 am, so I couldn’t offer any help until after that time. She immediately changed tone and began to moan and blame me, as if I had any real control over what our courier company does! I just listened to her rant for a moment and then ended the call.

Normally, I wouldn’t dream of doing this, but when it’s my last day, sometimes it feels SOOO good to be able to let s***ty customers know exactly how much their “problems” mean to me.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!