Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When They Say Early Morning Delivery, They MEAN It

, , , | Working | March 26, 2020

(I worked the third shift at an injection molding factory. I ran the only CNC machine there which was hidden two buildings away from everyone else. The buildings there connected roll-up doors big enough for a forklift to drive through. So, imagine being the only person in a pole barn full of boxes. My machine made the only noise and it wasn’t very loud, so it was very quiet all night — creepy quiet. My manager would literally forget I was even there until I handed in my paperwork at the end of the shift when she would look at me and say, “Wait, you were here?!” During one night, while I am in my creepy corner plugging away at the parts order, I get the feeling that I am being watched. I look up from my machine and in the tiny window, I see a man staring at me from the pitch-black night. I’m about to have a heart attack. As I am recovering from fright, he starts gesturing for me to let him in the man-door next to my machine, which I bolted shut, thank freaking God. I shake my head no and gesture for him to go to the far entrance where there are people in case he tries to kidnap me. Once we get over to the door, I open it and the following conversation takes place.)

Me: “Can I help you?”

Stranger: “Yeah, I got a delivery and nobody is in the office.”

Me: “Yeah, it’s 1:00 am; nobody is going to be here. Why didn’t you come in through the delivery side? It’s lit up, has the material handler there, and says, ‘DELIVERY.’”

Stranger: “But this lot has the main office.”

Me: “But there’s no dock for a semi, the office is pitch black, and the parking lot doesn’t even have light.”

Stranger: “But it’s the main office.”

Me: *sigh* “Wait here while I get the manager.”

(She convinced him to go to the actual semi dock to drop off the plastic. I still can’t understand why he would choose to pull into the pitch-black lot with no semi dock over the brightly-lit lot with a semi dock and a large sign that says, “DELIVERY.” He literally drove right past it.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!