Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When They Expect The World, It Gets Taken Away From Them

, , , , , | Right | September 22, 2019

(I’ve recently been promoted to front-end manager. A cashier pages me over for a difficult customer. I recognize her as someone who only allowed the previous front-end manager to check her out.)

Cashier: “She asked for you to check her out.”

Customer: “No, I asked for [Previous Manager]!”

Me: “I’m sorry, she no longer works here.”

Customer: “What?!”

Me: “I’d be happy to check you out, though!”

Customer: “Well, I hope you can give me the same treatment as [Previous Manager], then!”

Me: “I can give you the best service possible. But if you’re referring to the unauthorized price changes and discounts that [Previous Manager] did, it’s actually why she no longer works here, as well as other policies she ignored. While we do want our customers happy, we also have to stick to what corporate asks of us and be fair to every customer, including having them all pay the standard price.”

Customer: “Oh… yeah…”

(She was quiet while I rang her out. While she does still come in, it’s not as frequent, and she doesn’t ask for me to check her out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!