Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When They Burn Their Chance At Return

, , , , , | Working | March 23, 2020

(I place an order for a blue dress online. I get notice of shipment and the package arrives on time. The dress is fine. The very next day, I get another package from the same retailer; it’s the same dress in green in a larger size. I call customer service.)

Me: *explains issue*

Customer Service Representative: “Well, I’m sorry that you ordered the wrong size and color but that item is sold out now.”

Me: “No, I didn’t order the wrong item. I ordered the right item and received it. I also received a second, wrong item. I’m just looking to return it since I didn’t pay for it.”

Customer Service Representative: “Well, you can return it but since it’s not our mistake, you will be charged a 10% restocking fee and $7 return postage.”

Me: “I was actually only charged for the blue dress that I ordered and am keeping. The green one was never charged to me. I just need to send it back.”

Customer Service Representative: “Again, there’s a restocking fee and return postage charged to your card. The return credit is store credit.”

(I try again to explain the issue but cannot get her to understand. I ask to speak with someone else.)

Customer Service Representative: “I can’t transfer you to a supervisor. I can have them email you.”

Me: “I guess that could work.”

(Ten minutes later, I got a terse email that amounted to “restocking fee and $7 postage will be charged to your account for this return.” I replied with the facts and got a second email saying, “There are no exceptions to this policy.” I replied again, “If you don’t want this item back, I will donate it to charity.” I never got a reply, so I donated it. Evidently, doing the right thing is so unusual that their employees can’t understand it.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!