Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When The Pink Runs Dry…

, , , , | Right | July 22, 2019

(I am buying color-mix paint, where you choose a color from a card and then colorant is added to white paint to make the shade you have chosen. I have chosen a brick red color, and it is currently in the machine being mixed.)

Employee: “So, this paint gets returned a lot as it looks pink when you first apply it. You need to do two or three coats and let it dry, and it will end up the same color as the test card.”

Me: “Okay, that’s fine, as long as it ends up red.”

(The employee takes the paint out of the mixer and pops the top so I can see the color. It is bright pink.)

Me: “Wow, that really is pink! It does end up red, though, yes?”

Employee: “Yes, it really does. It even looks pink on the wall, but I promise when it dries it will be red. We keep getting customers returning this color and we have to tell them to go home and check it again when it’s dry. None of them have ever come back a second time.”

Me: “Okay, that’s fine, thanks.”

(I take my paint and go to leave, but as I do, a second employee comes into the paint mix area and happens to glance at the color I have chosen.)

Employee #2: “Oh! Did you know that this paint will look pink, but will end up red when it’s dry?”

Me: “I take it this happens a lot…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!