Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When The Patient Isn’t

, , | Right | November 16, 2020

I am sitting at the front desk of the radiology department. I have been working there for only a few weeks. An older lady comes in.

Lady: “I have an appointment for an MRI scan.”

I cannot find her name in the computer or on our printed patient list for the day.

Me: “Sorry, but there seems to be a problem with your appointment. I cannot find you on my list.”

Lady:What?! That has to be a mistake. I have been coming here for the last twenty years!”

Me: “Okay, let me get a colleague to look that up again, or maybe I can ask the doctor if we can make an exception and do the examination without an appointment.”

Lady: *Shouting* “Are you kidding me? I have an appointment! I am not missing my examination because you are too dumb to do your job!”

Her shouting has alerted the doctor that has the shift with me and is also my boss.

Doctor: “What’s the matter here?”

Lady: “This young lady is too dumb to find my appointment and now she wants to kick me out because of it!”

Doctor: “[My Name], does this lady have an appointment?”

Me: “I’m afraid not.”

Doctor: “Maybe we could have helped you without one, but not when you come in here and start screaming at my staff like crazy. Please leave now.”

Lady: “I have been a patient here for over twenty years! I am going to go to a different doctor! You are losing a patient!”

Doctor: “You are very welcome to do so. Have a nice day.”

The lady storms out while still shouting.

Me: *To the doctor* “Thank you for that!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!