Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Push Comes To Shove

, , , , | Right | February 24, 2012

(I work as a security guard at a major retailer in the mall. One of my duties is to pre-lock our store at the end of the night. We leave the middle door unlocked for customers to exit while locking the side doors. While finishing my lock up, a customer runs up and tries to exit the store.)

Customer: “You’re not locking me in here! You’re not even closed yet!”

Me: “Sir, we only pre-lock. If you just—”

Customer: “No, you are a worthless, fake mall cop. Did you even graduate high school? Now, let me out!” *keeps pulling on the door*

Me: “Sir, you just need to—”

Customer: “I said, open the door! I want your manager!”

Me: “No problem, sir.” *calls store manager*

Manager: *comes up on the scene* “What seems to be the issue?”

Customer: “He won’t let me out of the building. I am a paying customer and I demand to be let out.”

Manager: *turns to me* “What is the problem?”

Me: “He was trying to pull open a push door.”

Customer: *pushes open the door* “Oh, I erm, uh…” *leaves sheepishly*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!