Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Phoning In The Customer Service Is A Good Thing

, , , , | Right | February 10, 2020

(I visit a certain pizza place almost weekly. Most people know me by now and also know my regular orders.)

Server: “Hello, your regular order?”

Me: “Yes, please. Are there any promos going on?”

Server: “Yes, we have a 2+1 promo going on. You get three and pay for two.”

Me: “Nice, what are the conditions?”

Server: “Oh, it’s for when you call in your order or order it through the website.”

Me: “All right, too bad I’m not at home. Just my regular order, then.”

(The server puts in the order and I notice the price is a lot lower than usual.)

Me: “Eh, did you get everything?”

Server: “Yes, ma’am.”

Me: “But the price…?”

Server: “I don’t know what you mean, ma’am. I just took your phone order.”

Me: “My… phone order?”

Server: “Yes, ma’am, but you’re here very early. You just ordered by phone and you are already here! But we’ll start your order right away!”

(She smiled really brightly, letting me know what she had done. I hope she won’t get into trouble and we enjoyed our free pizza!)


This story is part of our Most Inspirational Of 2020 roundup!

Read the next Most Inspirational Of 2020 roundup story!

Read the Most Inspirational Of 2020 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!