Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Men Were Men & Electronics Were Multi-Taskers

, , , , | Right | March 20, 2009

(A mother and son are finishing up their purchase.)

Me: “Will that be all for you guys today?”

Customer: “Well… do you have meetings here with your staff? Like ones where everyone can talk?”

Me: “Sometimes…”

Customer: “I want you to tell them I don’t like these new TVs, the flat screens and the plasmas. I want the old TVs back. You should tell them that.”

Me: “The old TVs?”

Customer: “I remember when TVs were like furniture. You could use them to put a plant on, or a lamp, and they were square and wood-paneled. TVs were better then.”

Son: “Mom, I like the new plasma and LCD TVs. They’re really cool!”

Customer: “No! They aren’t! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” *to me* “Now, young lady, you should tell them that for me! Tell them I want furniture back! And I’m not the only one!”

(She then proceeded to walk around the store, going off about technology, and how the old stuff was better. Her poor son was embarrassed the whole time.)


This story is part of the Old-Technology roundup!

Read the next Old-Technology roundup story!

Read the Old-Technology roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!