Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Life Gives You Lemon Chickens…

, , , | Hopeless | April 13, 2016

(I work as the front desk attendant at a hotel. I work the evening shift, and have forgotten to pack my dinner. As I’m checking in a middle-aged woman, my stomach practically roars in hunger. Embarrassed, I apologize to the lady. She only smiles and I continue checking her in.)

Me: “All right! You’re all set! Is there anything else I can help you with this evening?”

Woman: “Actually, hun, you did remind me that I’m fairly hungry myself. Do any Chinese restaurants deliver here?”

Me: “We have one, here.”

Woman: *takes the menu and gives it a brief glance* “Anything you can recommend?”

Me: “Most of the food is pretty good, but I really like the lemon chicken.

(She thanks me and goes up to her room. An hour later I see the delivery man pass through the lobby, and the smell set my stomach off again. Five minutes later the woman is back at my desk asking for a plate. After receiving one, she proceeds to place her take-out bag on the counter and open a huge assortment of boxes.)

Woman: “The restaurant had a minimum order price, and I was really craving Chinese. I can’t possibly eat all of this before my flight tomorrow, so I thought I would share.”

(She then proceeded to divvy up half of every dish, including the lemon chicken! It was so much food I ended up being able save half of what she gave me for my next shift. She couldn’t have known how those free meals made my day, and even my week!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!