Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Kids Break Out On Their Own

, , , , , , | Right | May 17, 2011

(I am working in the toy section of the retail store. I receive a call around 8 pm.)

Me: “Hello, you’re through to [retailer], toys. How can I help you?”

(A quiet little girl, not much older than ten, answers.)

Girl: “Hi, um… can you help me find something for my mommy?”

Me: “Sure, honey. What are you looking for?”

Girl: “Um, I need an exercise thing. It’s like, a bar that you put on the ground and pull on.”

(I’m not sure what she means. I walk over and scan the exercise section really quickly, but see nothing like that.)

Me: “Sorry, honey. We don’t really have anything like that. I can tell you some stores you might find it at.”

Girl: “Okay.”

Me: “If you can put your mom on the phone, I’ll give her the store names.”

Girl: “My mommy’s not home. It’s just me and my little brother. We accidentally broke my mommy’s thing, and we’re trying to find where to get one so she won’t be mad.”


This story is part of our Hilarious-Kids roundup!

Read the next Hilarious-Kids roundup story!

Read the Hilarious-Kids roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!