Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Is A Milkshake Not A Milkshake?

, , , , | Right | December 13, 2018

(We have plain cones, sundaes, and milkshakes. The milkshakes are automatically made with whipped cream and a cherry unless the customer specifically asks to not have them. It is pretty clear that they come with these, as there are big pictures of the shakes on the menu board.)

Customer: *orders meal* “…and I want a chocolate milkshake.”

Me: “All right. Your total is [price].”

(After placing the order I immediately begin to make the man’s shake.)

Me: “Here you go, sir.”

Customer: “I ordered a milkshake.”

Me: “I know. This is yours.”

Customer: “I ordered a milkshake.”

Me: “Sir, this is a milkshake.”

Customer: “No, I want a milkshake.”

Me: “This is a milkshake.”

Customer: “I want a milkshake!”

(This back-and-forth continues, with me trying to convince him that the shake he has watched me make the entire time without stopping me is, in fact, a milkshake until he gestures at it.)

Customer: “I just want a milkshake! Not all that!”

(Finally, it dawns on me what his issue with the milkshake is.)

Me: “You want it without whipped cream and the cherry?”

Customer: “Yes.”

(I made him a new shake without the toppings, and he was content. I understand not wanting them, but apparently, the milkshake ceased to be a milkshake as soon as they were added.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!