Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Gaming Hits Its Tea-Total

| Romantic | August 9, 2016

(It’s a quiet, bad-weather afternoon at home; I’m reading an e-book on my laptop and my boyfriend is playing FIFA on his PC. He tends to get engrossed in his stuff when he’s playing or working, but is usually approachable.)

Me: “I think I want tea. Do you want some tea?”

Boyfriend: *joystick clacks*

Me: “Can you hear me, love? Do you want tea?”

Boyfriend: *joystick clacks*

(I give up at this point, so I just go to the kitchen and make two cups of tea – he loves his tea, so I make it a strong cup of black tea. As I’m leaving his cup in front of him, I notice the opened package of cookies nearby, so I snatch myself one, kiss him on the cheek and go back to my reading. Ten minutes later:)

Boyfriend: *turning around* “Huh? When did you make yourself tea?”

Me: *points to his desk*

Boyfriend: “How long have I had a cup of tea here? And how did you get this cookie over there?”

Me: “I asked you ten minutes ago if you wanted some tea. You didn’t say anything, so I just made you a cup, put it in front of you, took a cookie out of the pack, and kissed you on the cheek. Didn’t you get any of that?”

Boyfriend: “I should stop playing video games…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!