Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Dressing Becomes A Drink

, , , | Right | October 1, 2018

(I work as a cashier at a local barbecue chain, usually taking people’s orders.)

Me: “Hi, welcome to [Restaurant]. What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “Hi, this is going to sound crazy, but…”

Me: “No, go right ahead.”

Customer: “Can I get two large containers of your ranch dressing? Is that possible?”

Me: *stares blankly for a few seconds* “I, uh… I don’t think that’s possible.”

Customer: “Are you sure? Maybe you could ring it up as a large side or something?”

Me: “Ma’am, I really think you’d be better off going to a grocery store for this.”

Customer: “Well, it’s for a friend, and she really likes the specific type of ranch you guys have here.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I really don’t think I can do that. I—”

Customer: “Maybe I can go to the kitchen and ask them?”

(Our pick-up area is right next to the kitchen, so it’s really easy for customers and staff to talk to the cooks. I’ve sent requests to them directly on more than one occasion.)

Me: “That’s probably your best bet, ma’am. Have a great day!”

(I saw her fifteen minutes later leaving the store, happy as a clam, carrying a bag I assume was filled with the ranch. Guess she got her wish!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!