Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Customer Shaming Puts You In Good Spirits

, , , , | Right | October 22, 2020

I work for a well-known liquor chain in Texas. I’m the wine specialist for my store, and I’m the only woman on the floor, not counting my two managers. I’m five feet tall and weigh about 120 pounds.

This past Saturday was busy for us, and we had people coming in five minutes before we legally had to lock the doors. Liquor stores in Texas are required by law to close at 9:00 pm, and we can’t legally be open on Sundays, so we were slammed. 

One of the customers was this really buff dude. He had to be twice my weight and a foot and a half taller than me. He bought a case of 1.75 liters of vodka, and even though he carried the case up to the checkout counter, he couldn’t be bothered to carry it outside.

The cashier called for customer carryout, and I was the only one on the floor. The look of shock, and then shame on the guy’s face when I slung the case up onto my shoulder and happily escorted him and the case to his truck really made my week.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!