Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What’s This? What’s This? There’s Pumpkins Everywhere…

, , , , | Right | October 30, 2020

I’m a cashier in a craft store that also sells a lot of seasonal and home decor. Since it’s fall, we have a LOT of pumpkins. Because we sell so many, we have some pumpkins on higher shelves, as we’ve been instructed by corporate, so we have room to display everything. Customers who want to buy one of the pumpkins that are higher up have to ask an employee for help, and a stock man will get a ladder.

As I am checking out customers, I hear a customer in my coworker’s line ask to see a manager after he finishes checking her out. The customer service manager on duty steps in to talk to her.

Customer: “You need to change the layout of your store; those pumpkins are too high up! I’ve been to your store in [Major City], [Another Major City], and [Yet Another Major City] trying to buy these pumpkins, and in every store, they are too high and I have to wait for someone to get them for me!”

Manager: “Well, ma’am, our layout is given to us by corporate; there isn’t much we can do.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! I shouldn’t have to wait to get my pumpkins! If you want to sell them, you should put them down lower! I’m never buying these pumpkins again!”

I’m still not sure what she expected us to do! Change the layout of every store in the country so she wouldn’t have to wait three minutes for someone with a ladder?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!