Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What Would Jesus Discount?, Part 2

| Right | September 2, 2013

(I’m ringing up a customer at a store that specializes in Christian books and church resources. She has two coupons: one for 20% off everything, and one for 40% off a single item.)

Me: “…and with the coupon, your total comes to $18.95.”

Customer: “No, no, you didn’t use both my coupons. I have two here, see?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I can’t use both of them on the same transaction. I used the 20% because it would save you more. You can hold on to the 40% to use another time.”

Customer: “No! You have to use both!”

Me: “Ma’am, it says that you can only use one coupon per item. The 20% covers everything in your order. It’s a better deal overall.”

Customer: “Liar! It doesn’t say that anywhere! The manager at your other location lets me do this all the time!”

Me: “No, he’s pretty strict about company policy. I’m positive he wouldn’t double up on coupons. Look here at the fine print: ‘Only one coupon per item.'”

Customer: “You are a filthy liar trying to cheat me out of my hard-earned money! What is your name?”

Me: “…my name, ma’am?”

Customer: “I’m going to report you to corporate and you’re going to lose your job! What is your name?!”

Me: “My name is [name], ma’am.”

Customer: “[Name], got it. You’re going to be sorry!”

(She snatches both her coupons away, and stomps toward the door. As she storms by the line of customers behind her, another customer pipes up.)

Other Customer: “What a lovely Christian attitude you had talking to that cashier! That’s DEFINITELY what Jesus would have done!”

(The angry customer goes beet red and flees. I never see her again, and no, she never called corporate to complain.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!