Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What The Fork Has He Done This Time?

| Working | May 13, 2017

(My friend is working in the back room when he sees a coworker who is VERY well known for his carelessness moving a fork lift across the room with the fork fully raised and nothing on it.)

Friend: “[Coworker]!”

Coworker: “What?”

Friend: “Lower the fork right now! You’re gonna cause an accident!”

Coworker: “Nah, I’m almost there.”

(Shortly after, sure enough, he clips some of the standing steel racks with the raised fork which throws the machine entirely off balance and knocks it on its side, taking a hanging monitor down with it in its way. Thankfully, no one was hurt.)

Coworker: “Hey, I just remembered I had to go do stuff on the floor!”

(The clumsy coworker runs off, so my friend immediately goes and finds a manager.)

Friend: “Hey, [Manager]? You need to go look in the back room.”

Manager: “Let me guess. [Coworker]?”

Friend: “Yep.”

Manager: *sigh* “He always does something. it’s fine; I’ll look later.”

Friend: “No, [Manager], it’s different this time. I’m serious, you need to go look right now.”

(The manager’s eyes go wide and he darts off to the back room. Less than a minute later, his voice comes over the intercom.)

Manager: “[Coworker] to the office IMMEEEEDIATELYYYY!”

(Somehow, Coworker still wasn’t fired after that.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!