Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What The F*** Is Wrong With That Worker?!

, , , , , | Working | February 4, 2022

I work for an online store that sells to most of Europe. Since my department is having very slow times right now, we are also helping with customer service in the UK, answering emails.

During one slow evening, my coworker gets this surprising email from a customer.

Customer: “I want to delete my account. After I got a bottle of stale urine with my last order, I do not dare to order anything else from you.”

My coworker and I are shocked, to say the least. We have a hard time believing that this actually happened. But a small investigation into older cases shows that the customer did indeed receive a water bottle filled to the brim with urine in the last parcel. The customer sent a picture to show it. 

There was an investigation started in the older case, and they figured out what warehouse the parcel was shipped from. The worker pulling that “prank” is most likely not going to keep their job for long.

The first customer was understandably very angry about this. The other workers at the UK team had did their best to deescalate the case — a mission impossible in action — but one of the workers most likely didn’t pay too much attention, since they sent a voucher and wrote at the end of the email:

Worker: “We look forward to welcoming you back in the future should you decide to shop with us again.”

Would you be surprised that the customer exploded in the next email? They did get their order fully refunded — the absolute minimum of action to be done.

At that point, I was very happy that my coworker got the easiest part of the job: delete the customer’s account.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!