Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What Else Were They Supposed To Do?

, , , | Right | CREDIT: ICantTakeItAnyMore10 | January 11, 2022

I used to work for a TV, phone, and Internet provider a good ten years or so ago.

It was one of the best places ever as management didn’t really care and we could get away with all sorts, within reason. To avoid calls going to managers, if a customer requested to escalate, we’d just grab the nearest available agent to take over the call. I remember this one I was asked to take that I enjoyed immensely.

The guy has called for a simple request but point-blank refuses to go through any security questions.

Agent: “I can escalate the call, sir, but the manager will also ask you to go through security before he talks to you.”

The headset gets passed to me.

Me: “Hi, you’re speaking to a manager. Can I start with your account number, name, and address, please?”

Customer: “As I told your subordinate, I am not giving that info. You already have it in your computers.”

Me: “Well, we have no details in front of us. Are you going to provide your account number so we can look up your file?”

Customer: “No, I will not.”

Me: “Then we can’t help you. Goodbye.”

I disconnected the call. I was only in that call center for two years, but it was the best two years in a call center ever.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!