Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What Did That Machine Ever Do To You?

, , , , | Working | March 7, 2022

Some years ago, I was a beginner tattoo artist, very happy to get a job in a shop. The boss was kind of moody and very passive-aggressive, but I managed to work with her and was okay with most of her fits.

One day, the coffee maker wouldn’t work, just like that; it happens with cheap material. My boss was clearly angry but didn’t yell. She just took the coffee maker and said:

Boss: “Okay, I’ll keep it in the closet, then. You will soon know why.”

I thought nothing about it because maybe it was for an art project or something.

Some months passed and I totally forgot the coffee maker.

One day, the boss was on the phone with one of her friends. I didn’t know what was going on but she was clearly pissed. She was shouting on the phone outside her shop, and I kind of thought that wasn’t great advertising for her, but I didn’t say a word.

She then came back into the shop, way too calm.

Boss: Now you’ll know why I kept the coffee machine.”

She took the coffee machine out of the closet with a HAMMER, put it on the floor of her shop, and SLAMMED IT with rage, screaming, shattering it into numerous small parts. It was a huge mess.

Then, she looked up at me.

Boss: *Very calmly* “THAT’S WHY.”

I was not so happy to work here after that.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!