Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What An ID-iot

, , , , | Right | August 9, 2018

(I am a seasoned retail worker, and we recently had to start verifying credit card holders by checking their IDs. A lot of people are upset by this, but most people are appreciative, given the amount of theft that has been happening with credit cards. After one woman has paid with her debit card, she plugs in her PIN and I give her the receipt. Another customer approaches the counter after waiting a bit longer than she would have liked to. After her purchase, she hands me her credit card.)

Me: “Okay, that will be [amount]. Could I check your ID, please?”

Customer: “Why do you need my ID?! You didn’t ask the lady in front of me for her ID!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but she used a debit card, so she used her PIN.”

(The customer pulled out her driver’s license and violently shoved it in my face. I gave her the receipt and let her leave, without saying anything. The customers behind her were kind and understanding, and were more than willing to show me their IDs.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!