Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Here We Pokémon Go Again, Part 30

| Friendly | October 5, 2016

(I’m playing ‘Pokémon Go’ at one of the most popular Pokémon hunting spots in my city, a few feet away from a man who looks maybe a few years older than me, late 20s. His dog has been freaking out and barking, not listening to him at all.)

Man: “Catching any good Pokémon?”

Me: “Yep!”

Man: “Imagine if you put all the time and effort you put into playing Pokémon into something else. You could be really amazing at that thing.”

Me: *trying to laugh it off, but genuinely upset* “Right!”

Man: *seeing that I’m upset* “Sorry if I’m being mean. I’m mean to everyone. I guess it’s because I come from an era without cell phones.”

Man’s Girlfriend: “Hey, do you have any cigarettes?”

Me: “No.” *keeps walking, thinking* “And even if I did, I definitely wouldn’t give one to you!”

(I thought of so many things to say to him, starting with “Imagine if you put all the time and effort you put into judging what people do in their free time into training your dog. You could have a really amazing dog.” Also, if you know you’re being mean, why say it? Glad I don’t live in an era without cellphones if it meant everyone was mean!)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!