Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What A Difference A Year Makes

, , , | Right | August 8, 2019

(I work at the customer service desk at a popular grocery store chain in Ohio. Other locations sell tickets to a popular amusement park, but ours does not. This exchange takes place one day.)

Customer: “Hi. I’d like to buy two tickets to [Amusement Park].”

Me: “I’m sorry, but this location doesn’t sell them. [Location ten minutes down the road] sells them.”

Customer: “You sold them last year!”

Me: “No, ma’am, we have never sold them at this location. However, other locations sell them.”

Customer: “NO! I bought them here last year!”

Me: “I’ve been working here for five years, and we’ve never sold them.”

Customer: “I bought them here last year! You don’t know what you are talking about!”

Me: “Yes, I guess I was out sick on the one day they decided to magically conjure up a ticket-selling machine to sell tickets to you, and then they immediately got rid of it.”

(The customer rolls her eyes, flips me off, and stomps away. Just before she goes through the door, she screams out:)

Customer: “I bought them here last year! YOU KNOW I DID!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!