Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’ve Got This Thing Licked!

, , , , , , | Working | December 16, 2020

I have my brother, sister-in-law, sister, and their (combined) six kids all staying with me. My oldest niece is nine years old, while the youngest nephew is six weeks old, so it is hectic! At work, I tend to talk about my nieces and nephews to my coworkers. This is a conversation with the owner of the restaurant I work in.

Me: “[Six-Year-Old Niece] has a weird habit of licking people, but I finally got her to stop licking me.”

Owner: “Oh? What’d you do?”

Me: “I waited until she had licked all over my hands and then told her I had forgotten to wash them after using the bathroom.”

The owner cracks up laughing. My manager apparently overheard the last part.

Manager: “That is disgusting! You should be ashamed! Go wash your hands now!”

I tried to explain to the manager what I had been talking about, but she continuously interrupted me. Eventually, I just told her, “Well, it keeps the six-year-old from licking me!” Needless to say, she was confused enough to stop and actually listen.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!