Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’re Starting To Feel Really Saucy About This

, , , , | Working | November 17, 2021

Every house likes its fast food every now and again. Ours has the occasional weakness for a chicken restaurant’s secret recipe. We have moved to a location where we can order straight from them with in-house delivery, no third-party required.

With three people ordering, it’s always a mixed bag of what people are in the mood for. One flatmate likes having a burger or some other addition to their chicken. No big deal. One bucket deal and a burger on the side. No trouble!

Then, one day, that flatmate decides instead to have nuggets. Sure! That’s added to the order, instead. There’s a discussion of sauces and one is chosen. Now to wait for food.

Simple, right?

Well, no sauces show up!

We turn the bag inside and out, but there’s no sign of the sauces. We figure they forgot, go on without it, and eat our dinner.

A few weeks later, we get that craving again, and that flatmate decides once again to go for the nuggets. This time, I call ahead and let them know we’ve placed an order and want to make sure the sauce is in the bag. I speak to a person who seems like they are in the process of packing that bag right now! Problem solved!

Well… no sauce again.

This time, I file a complaint. We’ve previously complimented this store for everything from politeness to promptness and good food. I reiterate that praise and mention the oddity of the missing sauces. There is a week of silence before I get an apologetic reply, a $10 voucher for our next meal, and the promise of an investigation.

Problem solved… right?

On our next meal, this flatmate decides to not risk the nuggets again and gets a burger. I go to apply the voucher and get an error: “voucher already redeemed”.

We still order, but I’m sad that I did not get my promised resolution. I let them know and get a new voucher to use on another meal. A week passes.

Our next order comes up, I use the voucher. SUCCESS! And the flatmate once again goes for the nuggets.

I’m kind of convinced at this point that the sauces are a joke and never existed, for once again, there are no sauces.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!