Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’re Pretty Sure We’ve Never Partied This Hard

, , , , | Right | January 1, 2021

It is New Year’s Day and I am working the early morning shift at my Gas Station. We are situated next to a strip mall that has a small police office attached to it.

A woman walks in, who has obviously been partying pretty hard. She’s still in her party outfit, hair is a mess, make-up smudged, and she’s walking a bit haphazardly.

Customer: “Yeah… could I get a burger?”

Me: “We don’t serve burgers; we’re just a gas station.”

Customer: “This is a gas station?”

She had to walk past all the pumps to get inside here.

Me: “…yes. There’s a burger place in the strip mall but as it’s New Year’s Day I am not sure they’re open.”

Customer: “It’s New Year’s Day?”

Me: “…Maybe you need more help than I can offer? There’s a New York State Trooper office just opposite us.”

Customer: “I’m in New York?”


This story is part of our More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup!

Read the next More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup story!

Read the More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup!


This story is part of the Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup!

Read the next Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup story!

Read the Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!