Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Well, Well, Well, How The Turntables…, Part 2

, , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Natisev | January 3, 2023

Last summer, I went on vacation in Greece with my family for a whole month. It was so great to see all of my friends again after a year. I am half Greek and half Dutch, and I have been living in the Netherlands for five years.

Flying back home took a whole day because of connecting flights and such. We booked a whole row of seats for the family and an aisle seat for me. Cue the Greeks who asked me to move one row back and to the opposite side so the wife could sit next to the husband. As they were flying to a foreign country, I was nice, gave up my seat, and went to the aisle seat where the wife had been sitting.

After a while, the couple said:

Couple: “Oh, you have the middle seat.”

I was confused because the wife had been sitting at the aisle.

Me: “That was not the agreement. I want my seat back.”

Couple: “Oh, well, now that we have switched, there’s nothing you can do.”

They grinned and laughed thinking, that they had played me. I was pissed, as was my family, but I noticed that the attendants were shutting the plane doors, so I just smiled and told my family to calm down and that everything would be all right.

This was a three-hour flight, so it wasn’t that short.

After we took off, I was still in an empty row. I had all the space to myself and was comfortably lying over three seats.

The couple noticed and made sour faces.

Couple: “Can you move back to your original seat?”

Me: “Oh, well, now that we have switched, there’s nothing you can do.”

It was amazing to see my whole family and the surrounding seats trying to cover their laughs; even the flight attendants were grinning.

Related:
Well, Well, Well, How The Turntables…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!