Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’ll Upcharge Just For You

, , , , , | Right | July 11, 2022

I walk into my local dry cleaners to drop off some clothes. There is only one employee, the owner, currently working. He is being berated by the customer in front of me.

Customer: “But you said it would be $43.00.”

Owner: “Was it me or one of the girls?”

Customer: “It was you!

Owner: “I guess it was less work than I thought.”

Customer:You should know how much it is. You are the owner!”

Owner: “Sorry. I guess I made a mistake.”

Customer: “This is unbelievable!”

Owner: “Again, I’m sorry. But I need you to pay so I can wait on the next customer.”

The customer glares at me and turns back to the register.

Customer: “So, how much is it really?

Owner: “$31.50.”

The customer slams cash on the counter and grabs his clothing.

Customer: “I hope you get your act together soon!”

He grabs his change and storms out.

Me: “Um… I just need to drop this off. I promise not to yell if I show up to get it and it’s cheaper.”

Owner: “Good, because I’m really not sure how the girls handle this. I’d like to think he doesn’t yell at them because they are minors, but I’m thinking he probably does. I should have banned him, but I’m telling the girls to ban him if he raises his voice again.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!