Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Well, Tickle Him Pink And Call Him Entitled!

, , , , | Right | September 28, 2021

A customer I vaguely recognize approaches my counter as I am about to leave for the day.

Customer: “I’m hoping you can help me. I got a cake from here a while ago and I have a problem.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. Was there a problem with it?”

Customer: “Oh, no, the cake was lovely. I ordered two of them, actually, for my daughters. They had the little princesses on them.”

Here we go. I recognize him now. He wanted a discount because the name was off-center on one of them. His order is on my Wall Of Shame. 

Me: “So, what was the problem?”

Customer: “Well, I didn’t realize the icing would stain. Nobody warned me.”

The cake had a bright pink trim as he requested.

Me: “Warned you? What exactly did you do to the cake?”

Customer: “Well, the kids at the party got the icing all over the place and stained my rug and a chair. We’ve tried everything but the spots won’t come out. How do I get it out?”

He goes on to explain they have just moved into a brand new house and bought all brand new furniture that the kids basically ruined, and then he begins listing the prices of every piece of carpet and furniture the kids wrecked. The same guy that bullied a fifteen-year-old girl for a discount because the name was off-center is now looking to have his furniture and area rugs replaced.

Me: “Did you try soaking it with dish soap? White wine might help fade it.”

Customer: “We tried everything! What are you going to do about it?!”

Me: *Calmly* “Sir, it was not my children who ruined $12,000 worth of brand new furniture; it was yours. You should have been watching them. You ordered a cake with bright pink icing. I just made it the way you ordered it. Why would you let a bunch of kids run around your brand new house and furniture and area rugs with pink icing?”

Customer: *Pauses* “I would like to see your manager.”

Me: “He’s not here right now. Would you like me to give him your message?”

Customer: “You need to put a disclaimer on the box.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!