Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Well, That Pre-cludes That

| Working | November 27, 2012

Employee: “Hi, thank you for calling [ticket agency]. How can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I was attempting to buy tickets online for the [event] pre-sale, but your website was not working.”

Employee: “Was there an error message or anything?”

Me: “Yeah, it said my request could not be approved.”

Employee: “Oh, we’ve had a number of callers complaining about this. Try again and it should work.”

Me: “I’ve tried three times and it hasn’t gone through. Is there anything else? Can I buy them on the phone?”

Employee: “You cannot buy tickets at this time over the phone. If you wish to purchase tickets over the phone, you will have to wait until tomorrow.”

Me: “Even though your website is not working?”

Employee: “Correct.”

Me: “So, I can’t buy tickets for the pre-sale over the phone right now; I can only buy them online? But your website isn’t working, so it is impossible for me to buy them online, or to even buy them at all until I can buy them over the phone during the general sale that starts tomorrow.”

Employee: “Yes, that is correct.”

Me: “Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a pre-sale?”

Employee: *long pause* “…Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!