Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Well P’laid

| Romantic | February 12, 2013

(I get to see my fiancé once every two months but we make it work despite the distance and having a one year old daughter. We are snuggling on the couch.)

Me: “You know, we haven’t had any intimate time yet and the baby just went down for the night.”

Fiancé: “But my parents are still up.”

Me: “They are in their room. We’ll just be quiet.”

(We start kissing when his parents burst into the living room.)

Fiancé’s Dad: “Hey, we just finished this movie. Do you guys want to watch it before we return it tomorrow?”

Me: “No, thank you. We watched it earlier.”

(My fiancé’s mom realizes we are trying to have some alone time but his dad doesn’t quite get it.)

Fiancé’s Dad: “Really? What did you think of it? I didn’t think it was as funny as everyone says it is.”

Fiancé’s Mom: “Honey, it’s getting kind of late. Let’s just go to bed.”

Fiancé’s Dad: “It’s not that late.”

Fiancé’s Mom: “Well, we should probably leave the kids alone.”

Fiancé’s Dad: “I just want to talk about the movie.”

Fiancé’s Mom: “Your son is trying to get laid!”

Fiancé’s Dad: “Oh… Oh! Have fun you two. We’ll turn the TV up.”

(They leave the room and a few moments later we hear their TV blare to life from down the hall.)

Fiancé: *as if nothing happened, he starts kissing my neck* “Are you ready for this?”

Me: “Hold on, I need time to get over how weird that was.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!