Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Welcome To Hell 2.0

| Right | May 5, 2014

(A customer calls in to fix a strange glitch with his software. After going through about fifteen minutes’ worth of all the usual troubleshooting steps, the issue still hasn’t been fixed. I’m baffled, until I remember I missed a somewhat obvious step.)

Me: “Oh! You know, there’s one other thing we can check. Have you run a software update recently? If the program’s a bit out of date, that might be what’s causing the glitch.”

Caller: “Oh, I’m pretty sure it’s all up-to-date, but let me check.”

(He checks. Sure enough, there’s an update waiting. It takes about two minutes to install, and then the software works fine.)

Caller: “I really should have checked that before I called, huh?”

Me: “Oh, no, I should have asked you about it first thing. That one was all on me!”

Caller: *laughs* “Ah, well, I guess we’re both going to Hell!”

Me: *laughing with him* “Hey, at least we’ll be in good company!”

Caller: “Oh, sure! I’ll see you across a lake of fire and go, ‘Oh, hey, it’s that tech support girl… Well, I know why she’s here!'”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!