Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Stand Up For Our Own

, , | Right | September 1, 2008

(It’s Christmastime, which is always hellish at our video game store. There is a giant line running all the way to the back of the store, and I am serving a young boy and his grandfather.)

Me: “Your total comes to $68.98.”

Customer: “What? That’s too high. That game was fifty dollars.”

Me: “Oh, the game is actually $59.99.”

Customer: “I told you I didn’t want any of your extra s***. I just want this game thing he wants.”

Me: “I’m sorry you misread the price, sir, but that language in unacceptable in this store, especially with so many young people nearby.”

Customer: “You know what? I didn’t come in here for your attitude. I came in here to buy my stupid grandson’s stupid game!”

Me: “Then it’s $68.98…”

Customer: “These games are so absolutely stupid. You people waste your time and your money on this s***! You people are all fat and unemployed and pathetic! You game people need to get f***ing jobs!”

Customer In Line #1: “She’s doing her job right now, idiot.”

Customer In Line #2: “Get lost, jerk!”

Me: “That line behind you is composed of gamers, sir.”

(At this point, the entire lineup starts yelling at the guy that he’s a jerk.)

Customer: *flees the store*

(For the next half hour, every single customer, most of them probably gamers, told me that I didn’t deserve that kind of treatment, and apologized for him. It was easily one of the best days I’ve ever had at work.)


This story is included in our Videogame Store roundup.

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!