Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Really Hope This Woman Doesn’t Encounter A Real Problem

, , , , | Right | April 1, 2022

At our sandwich shop, we have orders with numbers that mean they get lettuce and mayo, and if someone orders a “slim [number],” it is just meat and bread. A customer walks in and talks to me very nervously, so I try to be helpful and straightforward as we talk to try and help him relax.

Customer: “I’d like a regular turkey sandwich.”

Me: “Do you mean a slim or the actual [number] sandwich?”

Customer: “I don’t know. My wife asked me to get a regular turkey sandwich here. So, I’ll guess I’ll go with whatever the regular is.”

I explain what comes on the sandwich.

Me: “Sound good?”

Customer: “Sure, whatever.”

Thirty minutes go by and the phone rings.

Me: “Hello, thank you for calling [Store]. How can I help you?”

The caller is a screaming lady.

Lady: “ARE YOU DUMB?! You gave my husband the wrong sandwich. You f****** idiots, I want a refund and a new sandwich!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, did your husband order a turkey sandwich?”

Lady: “Yes, and there is also all this other s*** on it! Why would you f*** up my order?!”

I attempt to explain that her husband was told everything before ordering, but she continues to cuss me out over the phone, so I set the phone down to get my manager. My manager picks up the phone and we both realize she never stopped her tantrum.

Manager: “Yes, this is the manager, ma’am. You need to calm down. If you bring the sandwich in, we can explain and figure this out.”

Twenty minutes later, I see a woman park in front of the glass of our store, and she looks pissed, so I walk into the back to grab my manager.

Lady: “You f****** idiots, this is not what my husband ordered!”

The manager pulls out our copy of his receipt and tries to explain.

Lady: “Are you all this f****** dumb?! My husband ordered a regular turkey sandwich and you f***ed it up!”

Manager: “Listen, I need you to calm down and stop swearing in the store; I’ll make you a free sandwich.”

Lady: “It’s the least you could do after making me f****** drive down here because of your incompetence; we are never coming here again!”

We gave her the sandwich and to both our benefit, we never saw her or her husband again, but it did explain the nervous demeanor of the husband.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!