Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Really Hope This Was Before Google

, , , , | Right | November 5, 2021

I am the store manager of a big box retailer. An associate pages me to answer a call requesting to speak to the store manager. I prepare myself as these calls are rarely positive.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you today?”

An older woman responds, sounding exasperated.

Caller: “Thank God. I’ve called four stores and no one will help me! I’m looking for the name of the store that is across the street from you! There was a craft store that closed a few years ago and I can’t remember the name of the store that was next to it!”

The shopping center across the street from me is actually across a four-lane highway and is rather large. I’m a little confused and ask her again what I can help her with.

Caller: “I need the phone number of the store I’m looking for but I can’t remember the name!”

Me: “What do they sell?”

Caller: “Clothes.”

I have no idea what store she’s looking for.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but without more information, I will not be able to help you as there are a ton of small boutique stores in the shopping center and I don’t know them by name.”

Caller: *Irritated* “It was next to the craft store that closed a couple of years ago! How hard is that to figure out?!”

Me: “I do not know the stores in a completely different shopping center from where I am. I wish you luck on your search.”

Caller: “Lazy b****!” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!