Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Need To Address This Customer’s Spatial Reasoning Issues

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: sweatymuscles | June 12, 2021

I’m fairly new to pizza delivery; I’ve been working for about three months. For the last delivery of the night, this lady puts her address in, and I look it up on my GPS and it’s not even a real address. I decide to text her instead of calling.

Me: “Could you please confirm your address?”

Customer: “It’s [address].”

Me: “Perfect!”

As I’m driving she replies, “Really?” as if I did something horribly wrong. I just kind of brush it off but I’m confused. The address takes me to a duplex/apartment-style maze with four numbers. She claimed on text that the numbers were 4-203. I look up and down, left and right for this room, but it’s nowhere to be found; I see 4-201, 4-202, but no 4-203.

Just as I’m texting her again, she calls me.

Customer: “Where are you?!”

Me: “I’m in front of 4-201 but I can’t seem to find 4-203.”

Customer: “I can’t help you if you just name numbers.”

Me: “Uh… well… I’m on the left side of the number two building.”

Customer: “You might as well just get in your car and drive back.”

Me: “Uh… okay?”

I hear the sound of her opening her garage door, but I still can’t see her. It’s too dark and snowy.

Customer: “I don’t see you at all! Where even are you?”

Me: “Oh! I hear your garage! Where’s your garage?”

And she hangs up. Should I go back to the store or try and find this unknown location all over again? Finally, I see her as I drive past.

Me: “I’m really sorry. I couldn’t find 4-203 at all.”

Customer: “That’s a you problem. I’ve never had this issue with anybody else!”

But get this: she wasn’t even standing in front of 4-203; she was standing in front of 4-406.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!