Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Know How To Monitor For Customers Like You

, , , , | Right | February 7, 2022

I work in the print department of an office store, and I’m in charge of the [Shipping Company] shipping station, as well. Customers can ship packages in our store or drop off packages if they have a prepaid [Shipping Company] label. They can also ask for assistance in boxing their item up to ship.

One day, a customer comes in with a computer monitor.

Customer: “I want this monitor packaged up to ship, and I want a guarantee that it will arrive at its destination in working order.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I am not able to do that, due to the fragile nature of your item.”

Customer: “What? I want a manager!”

I call the manager over and explain the situation.

Manager: “I’m sorry, sir, we cannot package this and guarantee this item from damage.”

The customer blustered a bit and then left. The manager and I looked at each other with a “Yeah, right” look. We were pretty sure the customer wanted to ship a broken monitor, claim it was damaged in shipping, and get a new one.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!