Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Hope That Date Stood Her Up

, , , , | Right | July 8, 2022

A woman brings in her dog for grooming at 6:00 pm, our last slot before we close. She is in a nice dress with immaculate makeup, and she looks ready to be spending a night on the town drinking expensive cocktails.

I check in her small dog and go through the details.

Me: “Okay, you’re all set. [Dog] will be ready in about an hour.”

Customer: “Well, I’m about to head out for a date, so I’ll pick up [Dog] in the morning.”

Me: “Uh, ma’am, we’re a grooming facility only. We don’t do boarding.”

Customer: “Oh, I know. But I thought one of you…”

She pauses and looks around at the staff, all teenage girls covered in dog hair and the complete opposite of elegant compared to what this customer is wearing.

Customer: “…ladies could take [Dog] home for the night. It’ll be fun, like a sleepover!”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, but no. Our responsibility for your dog ends when we close and you pick her up at 7:00 pm. We can’t take [Dog] home for the night.”

Customer: “Well, you’ll have to figure something out because I won’t be back until the morning.”

She flounced out despite our protests. As she’d paid, I groomed the dog while my colleague called the police and a local animal shelter. We had the customer’s contact details and we passed them on to both agencies. A policewoman came by just after close to pick up the dog and we provided a quick statement.

A few months later, the same policewoman came in with the same dog, but no longer in uniform, just as her new owner!


This story is part of the Highest-Voted-Stories Of-2022 roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

Our Favorite Stories From 2020! 

 

Read the next Highest-Voted-Stories Of-2022 roundup story!

Read the Highest-Voted-Stories Of-2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!