Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Have Located The Source Of Pure Entitlement

, , | Right | August 14, 2020

My store is cutting costs, which includes reducing inter-store transfers. Instead of transferring each week, it is now done fortnightly.

A customer has asked me to see if another store has a product that she has just purchased our entire stock of. I call around and find one in a store that is half an hour’s drive from us.  

Me: “Okay, I just found that [Location] has one in stock; would you like me to get held there for you or to have it sent here?”

Customer: “Get it sent here; I’ll be back this afternoon to pick it up.”

Me: “I’m sorry but it could take up to two weeks to have it sent here.”  

Customer: “What do you mean, two weeks?”

Me: “Our inter-store deliveries are sent every two weeks.”

Customer:No. I need it today.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the only way that you will get it today is if you can collect it yourself.” 

Customer: “I’m not driving all that way for a $5 item; send it by courier.”

Me: “Okay, but I’ll need to find out the cost for a courier, and if I can find one that works on a Sunday, you’ll need to pay Sunday rates.”

Customer: “What do you mean, I’ll have to pay? It’s supposed to be free.”

Me: “Yes, if you use our delivery service it is, not for a courier delivery.”  

Customer: “Well, make them hold it, then. I’ll have to see if someone can get it. I don’t see why we have to be the ones who do the running around. They’d better be there, too, because I am not having you ruin my wedding if I don’t have the right amount of invitations.” *Stomps off*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!