Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Entitlement Has Gone Up To Eleven

, , , , , | Right | June 16, 2022

It’s cold outside and I’m wearing a jacket and some black pants. I’m in [Store] getting a buttload of snacks for my sister’s upcoming birthday. I see a kid reaching for some Oreos, so I give him some. He thanks me and then walks away. Then, a lady taps me on the shoulder a couple of minutes later.

Customer: “Hello? Are you going to help me or what?”

Me: *Thinking she’s talking to an employee nearby. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll just move out of the way.”

Customer:Did you not just hear what I said?!

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t work here.”

Customer: “Well, it looks like you do. I saw you helping another customer, so help me!”

At this point, I’m quite scared and not speaking.

Customer: “Well, are you going to speak or what? Whatever. Just find me these things.”

She tries to hand over a list.

Me: “Again, I’m sorry but I don’t work here.”

Customer:Listen! I don’t know who you think you are, but you obey me!”

She then digs her nails into my arm. I just fling back, hitting her nose by accident. This makes her even more enraged, and she throws her super heavy purse at me. I just sorta go PLOP on the floor, as she is still screaming at me for “being lazy,” “falling asleep on the floor,” and “being rude.” All the while, passers-by are trying to stop her. A moment or so later, the police are called.

Officer: “Okay, so [My Name], tell us what happened.”

Customer:What?! You’re siding with that lazy employee?!”

Officer: “No, we’re simply interviewing her first.”

Manager: “Also, she doesn’t work here.”

Customer: “Well, she still assaulted me!”

Officer: “Let her speak.”

I explain the story.

Customer:She’s lying!

The customer then explains her side but says that I hit her multiple times in the face and stomach.

Officer: “I’m not sure who to trust… May we view the camera footage?”

The manager agreed to show the police officer the camera footage. After viewing, the police asked me if I wanted to press charges, and of course, I said yes!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!