Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We All Need Somebody To Lean On

, , , , | Friendly | July 27, 2020

My friends and I went somewhere in a commute van. On our way home, we were all tired and drained of energy. My friend started to feel sleepy so she slept without realizing that she was already leaning her head on my shoulder.

The ride home was silent and cold, and I started to feel drowsy myself. But it was hard for me to sleep since I was sitting on a jumpseat of the van we were riding and I was worried that my friend’s head would hit something because of how bumpy the road was.

Then, without realizing it, I fell asleep comfortably. By the time we reached our town, I woke up feeling that the person behind me, a complete stranger, was holding my head for support so that I wouldn’t fall or hit my head while sleeping.

That woman behind me made me realize that there are still good people in this world. What she did may be simple but it meant a lot for me. I never got the chance to thank her for what she did but I will never forget her, and I’ll always have her as the reason to believe that there’s still good in this cruel world.


This story is included in our Feel-Good roundup for July 2020!

Read the next Feel-Good Story here!

Read the July 2020 Feel-Good roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!