Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We All Have A Dream

| Right | October 8, 2012

(I work by myself on the overnight shift at my store. Around 1 am a little old African American lady and her granddaughter enter my store. While the grandmother goes to the bathroom, the granddaughter approaches me.)

Granddaughter: *to me* “Are you going to be making any more fresh tea tonight?”

Me: “Sorry, but we clean them overnight since we don’t have a high demand. We start them new around 3 am.”

Granddaughter: “YOU’RE LAZY AND INCOMPETENT!”

(As she continues to yell at me, she is unaware her grandmother has come out of the bathroom and is now behind her. Suddenly, the grandmother smacks her granddaughter on the back of the head and lays into her.)

Grandmother: “Your grandfather and I did not march on Washington with the great Martin Luther King for you to treat hardworking people like that! You haven’t worked a day in your life because we worked hard and invested right so you would have better privileges than we did. If you want to act like a ghetto b****, then I can take away that nice apartment you live in and let you survive where I grew up. Now you apologize to this young lady!”

Granddaughter: *in tears* “I’m sorry… I had no reason to behave like that. Please forgive my outburst.”

(I did, and grandma got a free drink!)


This story is part of our Gorgeous Grandmas roundup!

Read the next Gorgeous Grandma story!

Read the Gorgeous Grandma roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!