Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Ain’t Got Jack

, , , , | Right | October 28, 2009

(It is October 30th, during a year when the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies have been very popular.)

Customer: “Hi, can you help me find a costume? I’m looking for a Jack Sparrow costume for my son.”

Me: “Ah, well, I can tell you that Jack was a very popular character this year, and unfortunately we are out of all our Jack Sparrow costumes, even adults. But we–”

Customer: “What! That’s outrageous! How can you be out of the most popular costume?”

Me: “Well, we’ve tried to keep up with demand, but I guess a lot of people shopped early this year. We sold out of many of the most popular costumes, Jack Sparrow being one of them. We have other pirate items.”

Customer: “No, no, no! He wants to be Jack! I can’t believe this! This is the fifth costume shop I have been to today and no one has this costume! Why don’t you people keep more of them around?”

Me: “I’m very sorry, ma’am. If you like, I would be happy to help you pull together a Jack Sparrow costume out of items we do have.”

Customer: *walking away* “Outrageous! How can a store be out of the most popular Halloween costumes when Halloween is tomorrow?!”


This story is part of our Halloween roundup!

Read the next Halloween roundup story!

Read the Halloween roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!