Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wayward Benjamin

| Right | November 3, 2016

(I am working at guest services at a large store when I get a call.)

Me: “Hello and thank you for calling [Store]. How many I help you today?”

Customer: “Yes, hello, I was wondering if you had a lost and found?”

Me: “Yes, we do. What is it that you lost?”

Customer: “A $100 bill.”

Me: *surprised* “I’ll check with our manager but as far as I know no one has turned anything in.”

(I check with my manager and she laughs but confirms that no one has turned anything in like that. The other employees laugh at the fact she thinks someone would turn it in.)

Me: “Thank you for holding. None of our employees have found anything like that recently.”

Customer: “Oh, dear… Well, I know I lost it in your store. Will you reimburse me?”

Me: “I’m sorry… what?”

Customer: “I know I lost it in there, so will your store reimburse me for the lost money?”

Me: “I… I’m sorry but we can’t do that.”

Customer: “Why not?”

Me: *baffled* “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but we can’t reimburse you for money you may have lost at the store.”

Customer: “Oh, okay. Well, just give me a call when you find it, all right?”

(She hung up before I could get her name or number. Not that we would have found a $100 bill just laying around the store. If that ruse had worked, I’d be doing that at all the stores.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!